CoCo Coalition, Inc: Oakland, CA
- Participated as a panelist on the mental health panel for the Black and Healthy Conference: Nurture the Black Woman discussing topics such as stigma, therapy, mental illness/disorders, suicide, trauma, and unique issues that impact Black women.
Arise High School: Oakland, CA
- Facilitated workshop for juniors and graduating seniors on taking care of your mental health after high school and finding counseling services within the community and college campus.
California State University, East Bay: Hayward, CA
September 2016 – Present
- Facilitator of “Anxiety Toolbox” group utilizing CALM curriculum to provide students with psychoeducation and tools needed to decrease anxiety and increase self-awareness.
- Facilitator of “Self Care Moment” a space created for students to learn simple and effective activities to improve their mental health.
- Participated in Women of Color in Health Care Panel discussing barriers faced in mental health care and academics within communities of color.
- Organized Black Excellence Mental Health Professionals panel, including several professionals from the Bay Area to decrease stigma, enable students to see themselves in mental health professionals, and inspire healing.
- Facilitated “You Mad or Nah” workshop on anger management utilizing music, do it yourself activities, and psychoeducation to cultivate self awareness about cycle of anger, somatic responses, triggers, and alternative behaviors.
- Facilitated Self Care workshop for Resident Assistants for students to reflect, learn tools, and formulate a better routine; cultivating new ways to incorporate self care into lifestyle and redefine meaning.
- Co-facilitated workshop for Nursing staff on helping students in distress to support staff in feeling more equip with resources.
- Facilitated Tools for Self Awareness workshop “Let’s Taco ‘bout Difficult
- Emotions” presented to transfer students living in Pioneer Heights providing psychoeducation and tools to assist students in handling difficult emotions.
- Facilitated Assertive Communication: Taking A Different Approach training to resident assistants teaching them the skills needed for conflict management and communication styles.
- Facilitated guided meditation workshop with Resident Assistants to cultivate self-awareness and increased decision making abilities utilizing guided imagery.
- Facilitated Calm and Clear workshop in the RAW Center for students teaching them various ways to utilize expressive arts through activities and guided meditation for self care.
- Facilitated training on trauma and effective short-term models for counseling department colleagues.
Argosy University: Alameda, CA
- Spoke on a panel to professionals about improvements within the graduate school experience.
Oakland School for the Arts: Oakland, CA
- Spoke to 11thand 12thgrade AP Psychology students about personal career decisions and field of psychology.
Youth Uprising: Oakland, CA
- Facilitated workshop for girls ages 14 to 17 “Playing Your Role: Building Better Relationships” on self love and playing your role within relationships to build stronger connections.
Born4Purpose: Oakland, CA
- Guest Motivational speaker for Live Your Dream: Start Your Own Business Event inspiring women to attend college.